Derma Roller/Micro Needling/Skin Needling
What is derma roller/micro needling/skin needling??
The actual derma roller is made up of a small, solid wheel attached to a little stick that propels it backwards and forwards across your face in small sections. The derma roller is covered with hundreds of minuscule ‘micro-medical’ needles that penetrate the skin, creating lots of tiny micro injuries.
How derma roller works?
Derma roller or micro-needling or skin needling is a form of collagen induction therapy. Derma roller creates lots of tiny injuries. Your skin responds by producing extra collagen to ‘heal’ the punctures, and that’s what plumps up the skin again and enhances the natural blood supply so – you get a natural ‘glow’. Depressed acne scars, wrinkles, skin texture and tightness all improves with derma roller as a result.
What are the indications or uses of derma roller procedure?
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles.
- Anti Ageing.
- Skin Tightening.
- Acne/Pitted Scars.
- Open Pores.
- Skin Texture Improvement.
- Stretch Marks.
- Hair Fall/Loss (Hair Regrowth Treatment).
- Skin Rejuvenation.
What are the contraindications of derma roller procedure?
- Active infection on treatment site.
- Bleeding disorders.
- Keloidal tendency.
- Sensitive Skin.
What are the advantages of this procedure?
- Very effective.
- It does not take much time to do the procedure.
- Dermatologist can do this procedure in OPD basis.
What are the disadvantages of this procedure?
- To find desire results, you have to do many sittings.
How we do The derma roller Procedure?
- A local anaesthetic is applied on the skin to make the treatment comfortable.
- The skin roller is then passed over the treatment area multiple times.
- Skin needling can be used to improve the above skin conditions with less risk of skin pigment changes, especially with olive/darker skin types that commonly occur with laser treatment.
Which are the areas we can treate with derma roller?
We can treat face, hands, neck, back, abdomen and chest with skin needling; but most commonly face.
Who are suitable ccandidates for derma roller?
Suitable candidates are those with acne scarring, fine lines and those looking to improve skin texture and tightness. We can use it on all skin types and from light to dark skins. As opposed to laser treatments, there is less chance of pigmentation problems after the treatment. It is not suitable for people who have open cuts, wounds or sun-burnt skin.
How the derma roller procedure feels?
Most patients describe dermaroller as ‘uncomfortable’ but not painful. To make the treatment comfortable dermatologist can use a topical local anaesthetic. Most non-surgical treatments work on the principle of superficially damaging or causing minor trauma to the skin and forcing the body to heal itself by stimulating the body’s natural collagen reproduction. As we know, aging and sun reduce and destroy collagen, God’s gift to good skin. Dermaroller also tightens the skin and reduces pigmentation and improves sun damaged skin.
What are the side-effects of dermat roller procedure?
Generally, you will experience some redness of the skin for a few hours after the procedure.
can we combine this procedure with other procedures?
What are Advice for Derma roller Procedure?
- Stop all applications 2 days prior to the treatment day.
- Use sunscreen regularly before the start of the treatment.
- If you are on any kind of medication, share all details with the doctor performing the procedure.
On the day of treatment
- Do not wear any make-up on the day of treatment.
- A dermaroller procedure can sometimes have some very short-term after-effects, so do not be worry if you experience redness or irritation of skin for 1-2 days after treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure after the treatment. Use sun screen regularly, SPF 30+ or as advised.
- Avoid saunas, steam and sunbathing for 7 days after the procedure.
- You can wash your face 6-8 hours after the procedure, but we recommend using a gentle face wash.
- We recommend a gap of 3-4 weeks between the sessions.
- Post the procedure, remember to use a moisturizer every 6 hrs, for a period of at least 3 days.
- Avoid applying any applications for 3 days after the treatment.