What Is Molluscum Extraction?
Molluscum extraction is a procedure to remove molluscum contagiosum by the molluscum extractor. Molluscum extraction procedure is safe, quick and very effective. Dermatologist can do molluscum extraction in OPD. Molluscum Extractor is the instrument, dermatologist use during molluscum extraction procedure.
What Is Molluscum Contagiosum?
Molluscum contagiosum is a viral skin infection that causes either single or multipleraised, pearl-like bumps (papules) on the skin. Molluscum contagiosum is a chronic infection and lesions may persist from a few months to a few years.
What Causes Molluscum Contagiosum?
Molluscum contagiosum is caused by a virus of the same name that is part of the pox virus family. The virus is contagious through direct contact and is more common in children. However, sexual contact is also one of the reasons and can occur in people with compromised immune systems. Molluscum contagiosum can spread on a single individual through scratching and rubbing.
What Are the Symptoms of Molluscum Contagiosum?
Common locations for molluscum contagiosum papules are on the face, trunk, and limbs of children and on the genitals, abdomens, and inner thighs of adults. The condition usually results in papules that:
- Are generally painless, but can itch.
- Are small (2 to 5 millimeter diameter).
- Have a dimple in the center.
- Are initially firm, dome-shaped, and flesh-colored.
- Become softer with time.
- Have a central core of white, waxy material.
How Can we prevent molluscum Contagiosum Infection?
To help prevent molluscum contagiosum, follow these tips:
- Avoid direct contact with anyone you think may have the condition.
- Treat underlying eczema in children since it can lead to the condition.
How to treat it?
There are following ways –
1) Molluscum Extraction – Molluscum extraction is a procedure to remove molluscum contagiosum by the molluscum extractor. Only trained Doctor should remove it.
2) Electro Cautery – molluscum contagiosum can be removed by electro Cautery. Read More…
3) Chemical Cautery – it is another way of Removal of molluscum contagiosum. Read More…