Filler/Dermal Filler/Skin Filler
What is filler or dermal filler or skin filler?
Filler or dermal filler or skin filler made from highly purified form of hyaluronic acid that mimics the effects of natural hyaluronic acid. When injected just below the surface of the skin, it adds volume to skin, smoothing unwanted lines and wrinkles.
Role of hyaluronic acid
- However, with time, sunlight and other factors, the hyaluronic acid in your skin diminishes, your skin loses volume, and lines and wrinkles appear. Hyaluronic acid is a natural sugar. It is found in the human body in the skin, cartilage, joints and the eyes.
- In skin tissue, hyaluronic acid fills the space between collagen and elastin fibers.
- The role of hyaluronic acid in skin is to deliver nutrients, to hydrate the skin by holding in water and to act as a cushioning agent.
What are the indications of filler?
- Smile lines.
- Marionette lines.
- Chick Augmentation.
- Lip lines.
- Frown lines.
- Lip Augmentation or Enhance and define lip borders.
- Increase lip fullness.
What are the contraindications of filler?
- Active infection on treatment site.
- Bleeding disorders.
- Keloidal tendency.
- Sensitive skin.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
What are the benefits of it?
- No pre treatment testing required.
- Immediate results.
- Proven safety-used in international markets for nearly a decade.
- Mild adverse post-treatment responses (such as redness, bruising ad swelling).
What are the disadvantage of filler?
- To find desire results, you have to do many sittings.
How does filler works?
- It is injected just beneath the skin’s surface temporarily adding volume to the layers of the skin that have deteriorated due to age and other factors.
- When dermatologist inject it in the skin it raises depressions in the skin, providing temporary correction of wrinkles and folds.
- It gives immediate, natural-looking results. Treatment and recovery usually take as little as one hour.
How long the effect will last?
- Over time, it gradually breaks own and is naturally reabsorbed by your body; therefore, your physician may recommend touch-up treatments two or three times a year to maintain optimal correction.
Do the filler injections hurt?
In general, injections may cause some mild discomfort. Dermatologist inject it directly into the skin using a fine needle to reduce injection discomfort. One may choose to anesthetize or numb the treatment area to further minimize discomfort. When creating sensuous lips, he may choose to use a dental block, which ensures a more comfortable procedure.
Is the product safe?
- Yes, for most people. The primary ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which is a component of skin.
- It is produced in laboratories by a natural fermentation process- hence it is bio compatible and bio degradable.
- It has undergone extensive testing including scientific clinical trials to establish its safety and effectiveness.
What are the precautions?
Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements one week prior to procedure. This will help minimize any bruising or bleeding at the infection site.
How much will be recovery time?
Almost no recovery time or few hours.
Can we combine filler procedure with other procedures?
- Botulinum Toxin A.
- Chemical Peel.
- Derma Roller.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL).
- Microneedling RF (Radio Frequency).
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy.
- Radio Frequency Skin Tightening (RF).
- Thread Lift.
What are the side effects of filler?
After the treatment, you may have a bit redness and some swelling similar to a mosquito bite.