Liquid Facelift/Liquid Facial
What is liquid faceift or liquid facial?
Combined use of botulinum toxin A and dermal fillers is called liquid facelift or liquid facial. It is very effective procedure in cosmetic field.
Filler made from highly purified form of hyaluronic acid that mimics the effects of natural hyaluronic acid. When injected just below the surface of the skin, it adds volume to skin, smoothing unwanted lines and wrinkles. Read more…
Botulinum toxin A
Botulinum toxin A is a simple and quick, minimally invasive nonsurgical treatment that delivers dramatic results. Read more…
What are the indications of liquid facelift?
Indications of liquid facelift are –
- Bunny lines
- Chick Augmentation.
- Chin dimpling and creasing.
- Crows feet around the eyes.
- Eye brow lift to shape the brow and open the eyes.
- Frown lines between the eyebrows.
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles.
- Increase lip fullness.
- Lip Augmentation/Enhance and define lip borders.
- Lip lines (smoker’s lines).
- Marionette lines.
- Neck bands and horizontal lines.
- Nasolabial folds between nose and mouth.
- Smile lines.
What are the contraindications of liquid facelift?
Contraindications of liquid facelift are –
- Active infection.
- Bleeding disorder.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- As with many drugs.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Keloidal tendency.
- Patients who have a neuromuscular condition should not take it.
Is liquid facelift a safe procedure?
- It has been used safely and effectively in thousands of patients over 20 years.
- Botulinum toxin a is also approved for use in children over 2 years of age with cerebral palsy.
What are the advantages of liquid facelift?
- No pre treatment testing required.
- Immediate results.
- Proven safety-used in international markets for nearly a decade.
- Mild adverse post-treatment responses (such as redness, bruising ad swelling).
What are the disadvantages of liquid facelift?
- The effect is not permanent.
- You have to repeat it after some time.
Is the liquid facelift treatment painful?
- The pain is minimal like an ant bite sting for a few seconds.
- You can resume normal activities immediately.
What precautions we have to take just after the liquid facelift procedure?
For botulinum toxin A –
- Do not lie down for 3-4 hours after the treatment
- Frown, smile etc. as much as possible.
- Do not bend down or do strenuous exercises.
- Do not rub or massage the area.
For filler –
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements one week prior to procedure. This will help minimize any bruising or bleeding at the infection site.
How long does it take to show liquid facelift procedure effect?
For botulinum toxin A – It takes effect after 2-3 days, with full effect 7-15 days post treatment.
For filler – It takes effect immediately after the procedure, with full effect 14-21 days post treatment.
How Long Does the liquid facelift procedure effect will last?
For botulinum toxin A –
- 4-6 months or longer, patient dependent.
- Repeat as you wish.
- May last longer with repeated treatments.
- Result will wear off progressively (not sudden).
For filler – The effect will last for 6 – 12 monthes, result may last longer with repeated treatments
Can liquid facelift procedure be combined with other procedures?
Yes, to maximise desired result it can be combined with –
Who can perform this liquid facelift procedure?
Only “Trained Doctor” should do this procedure.