What is it dermapen?
Dermapen is a revolutionary micro-needling device. It aims to tighten, lift and rejuvenate skin. The device uses multiple needles that pierce the skin vertically with minimal pain.
The dermapen skin rejuvenation treatment has great results and there appears to be much less epidermal damage. The automatic, high speed vibrating function of the Dermapen increases the effectiveness of the treatment. It rapidly creating multiple insertions, quickly and clinically, dramatically reducing pain and discomfort for the patient.
Dermapen consists of two parts :
1) Electric hand piece – That plugs into the wall for a stable and consistent source of power.
2) Disposable needle tip – Containing 12/36 microscopic needles.
How dermapen works?
When the needle tip makes contact with the skin, the needles create tiny puncture in the skin’s surface, causing micro-trauma. That micro trauma induces an immune response and subsequently, the creation of new healthy collagen. The punctures also act as micro-channels that carry topical nutrients used during the treatment deep into skin layers for an increased effect.
What are indications of dermapen?
Indications or uses are –
• Fine lines.
• Surgical, acne and trauma scars.
• Skin tightening.
• Skin rejuvenation.
• Under eye wrinkles.
What are the contraindications of this procedure?
• Active infection on treatment site.
• Keloidal tendency.
• Uncontrolled diabetes.
• Sensitive Skin.
What are the advantages of this dermapen procedure?
• Very effective.
• It does not take much time to do the procedure.
• Dermatologist can do this procedure in OPD basis.
What are the disadvantages of this procedure?
• To find desire results, you have to do many sittings.
How much time required to do the dermapen procedure?
Average time required between 45 to 60 minutes.
How much gap require between two procedures?
Average time gap between two procedures is 3 to 6 weeks.
How many sittings of dermapen required?
Normally 8 to 12 sittings are required to see good result.
Do I require touch up procedure?
Yes, but final choice is yours.
Is dermapen procedure painful?
Not much, after applying anaesthetic cream you hardly feel pain.
Is the result permanent?
Yes, for scar marks.
Which areas can we do this procedure?
Almost all area of body like – face, neck, hands, abdomen and any kind of scars like acne scars, post surgical scars, accident scar and stetch marks.
What care require before and after procedure?
Main precautions are –
• Use sunscreen and sun protection.
• Use creams and medication recommended by doctor.
• Avoid using irritating products like glycolic acids, retinoid products, alpha hydroxi acid.
• Fragranced creams and lotions are typically avoided after the procedure.
How much will be recovery time?
Normally 3 to 5 days.
Can we combine this procedure with other procedures?
To see the maximum results we can add following procedures with dermapen –
• Derma Roller.
• Thread Lift.
What are the side effects of dermapen?
Minimal side effects like – mild pain, redness and swelling.