Botulinum Toxin A
What is Botox/Botulinum Toxin A?
Botox/Botulinum Toxin A is a simple and quick, minimally invasive nonsurgical treatment that delivers dramatic results.
- Natural, purified protein.
- Relaxes wrinkle – causing muscles.
- Creates a rejuvenated and more youthful appearance.
What are Botulinum Toxin A uses?
It is used widely to remove :
- Frown lines between the eyebrows.
- Crows feet around the eyes.
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles.
- Bunny lines
These lines may give an impression of anger, anxiety, sadness and tiredness.
Other Cosmetic Uses –
- Eye brow lift to shape the brow and open the eyes.
- Lip lines (smoker’s lines).
- Neck bands and horizontal lines.
- Nasolabial folds between nose and mouth.
- Chin dimpling and creasing.
- Excessive Sweating-Palms and underarms.
What is the treatment like?
It is administered in a few tiny injections that relax the muscle by blocking nerve impulses that trigger wrinkle-causing muscle contractions.
Will that hurt?????? Is the Botulinum Toxin A treatment painful?
- The pain is minimal like an ant bite sting for a few seconds.
- You can resume normal activities immediately.
What precautions we have to take just after the procedure?
- Do not lie down for 3-4 hours after the treatment
- Frown, smile etc. as much as possible.
- Do not bend down or do strenuous exercises.
- Do not rub or massage the area.
How long does it take to show effect?
It takes effect after 2-3 days, with full effect 7-15 days post treatment.
How Long Does the effect Will Last?
- 4-6 months or longer, patient dependent.
- Repeat as you wish.
- May last longer with repeated treatments.
- Result will wear off progressively (not sudden).
The effect is temporary, why should I use?
- It is one of the most long lasting non-surgical treatment available.
- Simple procedure and doctor can administer in few minutes.
- One sitting.
Will my lines worsen if I discontinue the treatment ?
- Eventually, wrinkles will return as before Botulinum Toxin A.
Is Botulinum Toxin A Safe Procedure?
- It has been used safely and effectively in thousands of patients over 20 years.
- Botulinum Toxin A is also approved for use in children over 2 years of age with cerebral palsy.
Has Botulinum Toxin A been used for a long time?
- Botulinum Toxin A therapy for wrinkles became the most popular cosmetic procedure in the world.
- Botulinum Toxin A is the only product of its kind with proven 20 years.
Can we combine this procedure with other procedures?
Yes, we can combine this procedure with other procedures like -.
What are the side effects?
- No long-term side effects in the 20 years of use.
- Most common side effect is tenderness and bruising at the site of injection.
- There are no known permanent side effects.
Who should not use Botulinum Toxin A?
- As with many drugs.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Patients who have a neuromuscular condition should not take it.
Who can perform this procedure?
Only “Trained Doctor”.